Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Miracle of Growing

Here is the pumpkin seed Genna planted in nursery. She has a marvelous teacher and she took very good care of her plant watering it with an eyedropper several times a day. The day she discovered a sprout received as much an exclamation as did Christmas morning.
Various tomato plants growing in our windowsill. Our neighbors insist we planted them much too early. Perhaps. But we sure have enjoyed watching them unfold.

Our first crocus bulb coming to life. I have never had flowers before (I traded them for bi daily visits from our deer friends). I miss the deer but I am thrilled with our crocus flowers.


My strawberry planter with Rosemary, Oregano, and Parsley. There is a fourth planter in the back waiting for me to plant Cilantro (Lowe's didn't have Cilantro seeds presently for reason unbeknownst to me).


This picture does not show off what I intended it to. I have five windows in this kitchen, each full of something growing. What a wonderful effect it has on us all. Watching seeds come up creates in me a feeling of overwhelming gratitude. These plants helps me have a prayer in my heart always, at least more often.




3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Look at all those healthy plants! They look much happier than ours. :) How perfect to have such a wide windowsill with sun. I love your strawberry planter! I dreamed that you posted the picture last night, so I was obviously anxiously awaiting. :) What herbs are you growing?

Aubree said...

ShaLisa, I just spent quite a bit of time reading your entire blog and enjoyed every second of it. I cried, I laughed and had to interrupt Spencer (who was doing homework) several times to share stories. On the way home today we talked about how you guys are some of the nicest people we know. Thanks for the wonderful weekend. You are an inspiration.

Heather said...

ShaLisa, Mindy stumbled onto your blog and forwarded the address to me. I was so excited. I think of you often. You were always such a wonderful person and I am thrilled to see that things are so great for you. My blog is www.chadandheatherp.blogspot.com and my e-mail is chpaints@gmail.com Hopefully we can stay in touch. Love, Heather (Knutsen)